Internal Reference Number: R1015002
Summary Under general supervision, analyze systems specifications and develop applications to support information systems processes. Assist with development of program specifications. Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain these programs. Assist in research and fact-finding to develop and/or modify information systems.
Position will be on-site in Nashville, TN.Description
20% Work closely with analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Confer with user representatives to gain an understanding of necessary changes to system.
20% Maintain and modify programs according to specifications. Code, compile, and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Evaluate basic interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area.
20% Test modified programs, create necessary test files and data, verify logic, debug, and write relevant documentation.
20% Assist in the analysis of production system problems and in recommending workable solutions. Assist with performance monitoring.
20% Make recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job-related degree OR
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job-related degree OR
- Four years of job related work experience
Required Work Experience
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years of application development, systems testing, or other job-related experience.
- OnBase experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of applications/development, quality assurance, and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment.
- Good analysis, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors, etc.
Required Software and Other Tools
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and development tools and their usage in the company.
- Customer-focused, project-oriented programming environment.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
- Position will be on-site in Nashville, TN.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.