Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of$18 billionand approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are seeking a Business Line Supply Planner. The Supply Planner is responsible for the execution of an inventory plan for their assigned product lines, based on demand, actual orders, cumulative lead times, variability and available inventory. The role defines the appropriate inventory levels optimize service, working capital and costs. This role is hands-on as it relates to SKU specific execution and drives the creation of a finished goods inventory and forecast. This role is accountable to setting and adjusting planning parameters in accordance with established standard methodologies and overall demand variability and supplier (internal & external) performance. This role may include coordination with the plants, purchasing, distribution, transportation and finance teams to create the appropriate capacity, production, inventory, procurement and transportation plans. It includes the development, adherence management, and regular adjustment of the supply plan to meet evolving customer demand. Primary KPI accountability for overall Material Availability and its impact on OTIF, Inventory Dollars, Days on Hand, and Vendor Shipping Performance for assigned product lines.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
* Execute an optimized supply plan that meets customer demand at optimal inventory levels
* Ensure continuous and efficient supply of finished goods products to customers thru effective supply and inventory planning
* Where appropriate, participate in monthly SIOP supply planning and balancing process to align supply with demand and implement agreed to mitigation strategies
* Where appropriate, actively support weekly Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE) activities to recognize and act upon changes in demand or supply inside of the SIOP planning cycle
* Manage supplier (internal & external) performance to ensure customer service levels are met
* Execute inventory plan for assigned products that supports AOP budget and targeted inventory DOS
* Execute the appropriate FG supply planning policies by item class (ABCD/XYZ) to meet product line expected demand variation, capacity and material constraints
* Utilize exception-based reporting to take action on potential risk to the supply plan, which may include expediting, de-expediting, supplier prioritization action and escalation to supply planning leadership and/or other functional areas
* Demonstrate a streamlined planning approach of management by exception, focus on A items, and drive escalation of critical issues when required
* Execute order management on assigned product lines using MRP system. Work closely with suppliers to meet deliveries. Proactively resolve issues that may result in supply disruptions
* Follow strategy to execute optimal re-order points, lot sizes, lead times, etc. with the supply base
* Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to support supply chain projects & communication within product line
* Analyze root cause of any inventory or order fill issues, prepare corrective action as required
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or Finance
* 2-5 years related experience in supply planning, master scheduling/MRP, forecasting, or capacity planning
* Operations experience with knowledge in capacity, master & production planning a plus
* ASCM (Association of Supply Chain Management) CPIM certification preferred
* Consumer Goods / Electronics / Aftermarket experience preferred
* Experience using SAP/APO or SAP/SNP or other ERP statistical software packages.
* Working knowledge of the following preferred:
* Strong analytical skills - ability to identify issues, develop solutions, drive resolution from large data sets. Candidates should be detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy
* Strong problems solving skills with ability visualize and conceptualize concepts and ideas
* Candidates should have excellent communication skills and promote and embrace a team atmosphere
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and requests with an appropriate sense of urgency
* Demonstrated competency in the MS Office Suite of products
* 10-15% Travel - as needed