Tenneco Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco's Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul's Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe, Walker, Wagner, Champion, Fel-Pro and MOOG. The company's broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a HR Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing overall generalist support for the Human Resources function in a manner which achieves plant and departmental goals and objectives and satisfying the needs of the employees. Major responsibilities include recruitment, employee relations, training, and overall compliance with applicable Federal and State Statues.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Build a constructive relationship with employees and supervision within the plant and TA. Act as a general counsel and assist employees and supervision on human resource and job-related issues.
- Participates in the establishment of long-range objectives for the department. Recommends innovative human resource policies, procedures, and programs that contribute to achieving the objectives of the company and positive employee relations.
- Lead employee relations and team activities, incentive programs, and any other planning committees and continuous improvement teams.
- Conduct internal investigations and assist with progressive disciplinary process and terminations.
- Coordinate staffing for hourly positions. This includes recruiting, coordinating internal job posting system, layoffs, and staffing with temporary staffing agencies.
- Organize and lead the orientation process for all new employees - temporary and direct-hire. Enroll new employees and ensure proper documentation relating to payroll and benefits is complete and current.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and files including personnel files for all hourly employees. This includes filing as necessary.
- Oversee the administration of attendance and leave of absences, including FMLA and Accident and Sickness administration.
- Maintain the HRIS system (SAP) for all employees including new hire and change in status information. This includes data entry on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update affirmative action plan.
- Work with DRiV Automotive Benefits Center and support employees with benefit issues and questions and assist in benefit enrollments
- Bachelor's degree. Experience as an HR Generalist a plus.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of the EHS, OSHA regulations, EEOC reporting requirements, NLRA law, and Worker's Compensation state statute.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and can effectively deliver clear presentations.
- Skill in analyzing issues from business, technical, customer, and organizational perspectives.
- Ability to forge strong relationships, to establish rapport, and to relate to others with diverse backgrounds in a manner fostering respect and dignity.
- Ability to gain support and commitment from others, to promote ideas and proposals persuasively and energetically, and to determine the needs and interests of others.
- Ability to accurately assess strengths and development needs of employees, to provide timely and specific feedback and helpful coaching/counseling, and to provide challenging assignments and opportunities to subordinates for development purposes.
- Knowledge of benefits administration.