At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people's lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral healthcare, substance-abuse treatment and therapeutic foster care services across the U.S. We're committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you're a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Must be working towards a Master Degree in Social Work or Counseling. Must have experience with providing substance use and/or co-occurring treatment to low income or homeless individuals and/or families. Must be able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and have excellent communication and writing skills.
Individual will need to have organizational abilities, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Bi-lingual skills a plus and knowledge of area community services and resources preferred. Must have reliable transportation, liability insurance, and TN driver's license.
Must value cultural differences and be committed to helping homeless individuals and their families. Must be willing to provide services in the participant's home or other appropriate location when necessary. Must be able to create a culture of respect, be flexible, motivate others, and adapt to the participant's pace and needs.
Summary of Job:
The Intern will work under the supervision of the Therapist to assist in providing group therapy, behavioral health treatment and crisis services to individuals who are experiencing homelessness and have substance use (SUD) or co-occurring disorders (COD) and/or families who experience homelessness with one or more family members who have a substance use or co-occurring disorder. Interventions/Approaches include Integrated Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders, Trauma Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions, Trauma Assessment Pathway (TAP), and Motivational Enhancement techniques. Training will be provided as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate chosen will work within a multidisciplinary team whose focus is to provide appropriate assessments, treatment, housing and recovery services to homeless individuals and families. Although treatment will predominantly be provided in a clinic setting, there will be times when the therapist will be expected to meet participants in the community. E-therapy will also be utilized.
* Provide Behavioral Health Assessments that will identify participant needs and drive treatment decisions, under the supervision of the Therapist on staff.
* Provide evidence based treatment services in an individual and/or group format.
* Provide crisis services to participant as needed.
* Work closely with the treatment team to ensure that participants are receiving clinically appropriate services that support their recovery.
* Participate in team meetings and keep team informed of participant's clinical issues.
* Participate in community meetings focused on ending homelessness as needed.
* Complete chart documentation within 24 hours of providing treatment.
* Assist the Project Manager with providing education to community social service workers, medical providers, youth-serving agencies, law enforcement, clergy and other stakeholders to inform and raise awareness of substance use disorders, homelessness and effective recovery and housing support services.
Supervisory Responsibilities for:
Compliance requirement for annual completion of KPI forms
Regular and Reliable Attendance is required
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
All other duties as assigned.
Percentage of Time/Frequency
Lifting up to __________ lbs.
Time Type:Part time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.