NVENT ELECTRICAL & FASTENING SOLUTIONS
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER STUDENT OPPORTUNITY
The Engineering Intern would assist in data input and analysis for quality, lean and process improvements. This individual would work closely with others including the lean manager, plant engineers, and department managers/supervisors with the objective to improve production efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze existing data and metrics being collected to recommend improvements.
- Determine what data and metrics are needed to provide valuable insight for production.
- Develop the process to collect the appropriate data production needs to accomplish business goals.
- Collaborate with employees on the floor to develop easy, sustainable data collection processes.
Pursuing a 4 year degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or other related engineering field.
- Skill in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete projects on schedule.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team setting
- Analyze, organize, and problem solve frequently and efficiently
- Ability to communicate status and actions effectively
- Available to work overtime as needed
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
Walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, use of a computer, typing and ability to speak English.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume using the information below:
Address: nVent Electrical & Fastening Solutions
Attn: Human Resources
188 Carolina Road
Aberdeen, NC 28315
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
At nVent, we are committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national, federal, state or local law.